12 January 2007

Molly remember when...

We got food poisoning a few years back during Christmas break? Well it happened again, only in The Gambia.

Things you worry about when you are sick: How will I get my water? How do I explain my symptoms to my family? Is this ever going to end?

Sounds of village that suddenly become 1,000 times more annoying: goats, chickens, roosters (think 5am calls), children, crying (all that noise, Noise, NOISE), women yelling, beatings, pounding of rice, prayer calls, loud speakers in general, and donkeys (if you have ever heard one of these foul beasts you know what I mean).

Regular posting should continue next Wednesday barring any further disasters.

In leaving here is a fun picture (in case you missed it) from Rachel and Carson´s blog. It is from our swearing in ceremony.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

N00b. First of all, How could I possibly forget the horror of that Christmas...it tooks us months before we tried that Wendys again! I'm glad you are feeling better. I miss you very much. We have a light dusting of snow here and some more flurries are on the way...
MD

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Who is the cutie 2nd from left, front row? How does a girl stuck in the states get a date with him? ;)