20 July 2007

I need sleep...

So I just returned from a Safety and Security training trip into Senegal. What is that you ask? It is a time for responsible PCVs (That's me and one of my site mates) who are the Security leaders of their region to check out their volunteer consolidation checkpoint in Senegal in case something is disturbing the peace within Gambia.

All in all great short little trip. Saw some monkeys, chatted with PCVs from Senegal that I met at WAIST, got to know my site mate better, spent a taxi ride watching music videos on a Gambians portable DVD player (How weird is that?), and worked on some French and Wolof skills. I also wasn't able to sleep from excessive mosquito bites (Senegalese ones are vicious...)

I also wanted to put a quick post up saying that I'll be gone for this upcoming week doing more training for the new Education group. I am looking forward to seeing them all again and their progress, but am absolutely exhausted right now so will have to dig deep for some extra strength.

Miss everyone at home. Sending my thoughts. Remember, beauty is in contrast.

---
---
Because I was sent this link randomly and realized 11 years after I first heard those opening notes, how much I still enjoy listening to the band.
"One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other"
-U2 One

No comments: