18 May 2006

The rain in Spain (or Bloomington)...

About one and a half months until I leave. July 4th staging in the U.S., July 7th I will be in The Gambia. July 10th, my second birthday in a row abroad... Bizzare?

Of course there are fears, but there has also been a growing history of preparation for these two years. Biggest worry is trying to pick up some French so I can survive on the Senegal border (aber ich hoffe dass mein Deutsch nicht schleckt sein wird). That could be trouble as mentally juggling languages has proven to be extremely difficult. English, German, Thai, Wolof or Mandinka, and French; something is going to have to go.

On the more nerdy side of things (Will I'm talking to you), I am impressed with the level of customization that Blogger allows you to have. Who would have thought?
"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend." -Red in The Shawshank Redemption

1 comment:

Becca said...

Todd - I am a PC Invitee for The Gambia as well!! Getting to excited to head over in July! My birthday is July 6th so we will definitly have to organize a co-birthday celebration.